Multi-channel transmission service (CaTV, IPTV)
TV, Radio multi-channel transmission service is a service that transmits TV or radio multi-channels to customers through wired, wireless or satellite networks.
TV, IPTV, Mobile TV, Multi-channel television that use satellite or other technologies
Multi-channel transmission service includes:
- Cable TV (CaTV)
- Mobile TV
- Multi-channel transmission service through satellite.
Multi-channel transmission service providers shall not produce programs and contents like TV or cable channels, on the contrary they run business of delivering the multi channels to their customers through their network with particular charge. On subscribtion based prices
Multi-channel transmission service provider through satellite network.
CRC selected DDish TV LLC through competitive tender “to select a service provider, which shall transmit TV multi-channel by using Ku band technology of satellite communication and run operation of terrestrial station” under the implementation of the Government Resolution No. 119 ofr 2008.
Nowadays, , DDish TV LLC provides multi-channel transmission service by using satellite solely in Mongolia.
According to the resolution, Government pays lease payment for the satellite transponder and obliged this company to transmit 10 channels nationwide. Thus, Ddish TV LLC shall not charge customers for transmitting TV radios, which are determined by the Government under the Government subsidy.
Main duties and responsibilities of TV & radio multichannel transmission service providers
- To comply with “Terms and requirements of the license to provide public communications service”, “General terms and requirements for TV & Radio broadcasting regulation” and “Terms and requirements of the license to transmit TV & Radio multi-channel through cable” `;
- Equipments shall meet all the requirements of international and national standards and and of reliable network operation,;
- To ensure compliance of the laws and regulations on competition and to adhere principles to provide non descriminatory access, and to be transparent;
- All multi-channel transmission service providers shall transmit Mongolian National Broadcaster and the TV, radio and cable channels licensed bythe Regulatory Commission only within the licensed coverage.;
- Contents of foreign TV & radio channels shall be compatible with Mongolian laws and regulations;
- If a service provider is determined as a monopolymarket power, the monopolist shall follow the relevant procedure related with the competition regulation of the communications sector;
- Multi-channel transmission service provider shall not hold TV or cable channel license and shall not be allowed to broadcast any kind of advertisements on channels, which are being transmitted.
- Multichannel transmission service provider shall connect with TV or cable channels on the point of interconnection, which is defined by the Regulatory Commission. Point of interconnection, technical connection, quality and standard related relations shall be regulated by a procedure approved by the Regulatory Commission.